Supporting Teaching & Learning
Inclusive. Personalised. Digital.
Designed by educators, for educators - our learning pathways are based on ‘lived experience’ within the education sector and provide contextualised learning experiences, relevant to roles and responsibilities.
Our Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification offers an innovative approach for school support staff to develop in their role.
The programme is designed to further develop existing knowledge and skills, whilst also providing specific learning pathways to develop expertise across key areas of education. Learners will also develop a range of digital skills and explore how technology can play a central role in supporting a range of teaching and learning scenarios.
Designed by educators, for educators – our learning pathways are based on ‘lived experience’ within the education sector and provide contextualised learning experiences, relevant to roles and responsibilities.
This course is suitable for staff either currently in, or looking to move into the following roles:
- Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
- Learning Support Officer (LSO)
- Learning Support Staff (LSS)
- Learning coach
- Support assistant
- Understand the role and associated responsibilities of supporting teaching and learning in schools
- Explore the Additional Learning Needs (ALN) transformation programme (Wales), including key legislation and statutory guidance
- Understand how to leverage technology to support your role and responsibilities
- Understand the role of digital in facilitating inclusive learning opportunities and supporting learners with additional learning needs
- Understand how technology can support teaching and learning, in class, group, and individual learning scenarios
- Develop key digital skills and awareness of tools to support personalised learning experiences
- Identify personal and professional development areas to support role specific activities
- Enhance your CV with a recognised, transferable, and fully accredited qualification
- Zero cost to the learner (fully funded)
- Fully accredited professional development aligned to the National Professional Learning Entitlement
- Informed and knowledgeable support staff in the support of learners with additional learning needs
- Work based learning activities and professional development aligned to school priorities
- Fit for purpose professional development for learning support staff
- Develop informed and knowledgeable staff to drive forward school priorities
- Improve whole school digital competence and applied use of existing and emerging technologies
- Encourages personal and professional development for all staff
- Provides opportunities for your staff to engage in ongoing continual professional development
- Reflective and proactive staff actively contributing to teaching and learning
- Cost effective solution for high quality CPD
- Zero cost to the school (fully funded)